Monday 31 August 2009

Decimo - continued

I’ve received the Decimo on Saturday, I haven’t talked about it yet because I’m somewhat disappointed because the seller said it was an F nib while it sports a M nib. I contacted the seller and he offered a refund if I sent the pen back but I decided to keep it as I know I'll never find another this cheap!

The finish is called pearly white, I’d call it sparkly white though, looks like they mixed mother of pearl with the paint, very sleek and stylish all right,  it would only be better if it had a "raden" finish but it isn't available for Decimos.

The Decimo has the right weight and width, it’s not too heavy though I still have to get used to it.
As an M nib it still writes finer than Aurora’s M but it’s still a little too wide for my taste. I’m trying to decide if I want to keep it as it is or if I should find a replacement nib unit, I’ve already put an ad on the FPN forum but nobody answered so far and a fine nib was sold just a few days before, my usual luck.

I’ve loaded it with Noodlers Prime of the Commons which is a nice blue-black and it lays down a quite wet line, I should try El Lawrence next which is usually much drier and see how it behaves in such nib.

Do I like the pen? Yes, but not as much as my Myu, perhaps the disappointment about the nib tainted my opinion about the pen.
Would I purchase another? No, one is more than enough, and I won't find another for the price I paid, though if they made Decimos in sparkly raden finish I'd try to sell this one to finance buying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails